Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Closer to Austin



"there is a freedom you feel the closer you get to austin, texas."
-willie nelson-

Day 20/31: this time 10 years ago, i graduated from the university of texas at austin. standing there in front of the tower that night, i was drawn in by the pomp & circumstance, and energy of the graduation celebration. something told me that i would be back. and i was.

i have lived in austin now for a third of my life, and i feel very fortunate to consider this place "my community." one of the places i spend a lot of time for work is at the county hospital. 9 stories high, it offers some pretty spectacular views of austin. today as i was leaving the parking garage, i got out and took a panoramic with my camera. it just looked so pretty. i could see the place where i lived when i first came here in 2001, days before america changed forever. the memories flood me and i think about all that this city has provided me with in terms of opportunity...wonderful friends, a great job, education, love and lots of fun. i could not have asked for more from this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment