Sunday, August 3, 2014

Seed > Blossom > Fruit



"i choose to risk my significance; to live, so that which came to me as seed goes to the next as blossom. and that which came to me as blossom goes to the next as fruit."
-dawn markova-

Day 17/31: when i was younger i remember going to girl scout camp and the motto back then (and probably still is today) was "always leave a place better than you found it." there was something about that task that felt like an enormous responsibility to me, even as a third-grader. the campsite was symbolic of our natural world. we encounter it for just a brief time, and then pass it along to the next group of hopefuls wishing to experience community and friendship there.

now that i am older and less concerned about the conditions of a fire pit, i am aware of my place in the circle. it does not end with me, nor did it begin with me. i was someone else's seed and hopefully at this point the bud is beginning to unfurl. and while that is happening, i am entrusted with my own precious inheritance. today i focused on being present. not rushing time at the park, or the pool. by practicing patience, i am becoming patient  and teaching patience. by being present to my life and my seeds, we all benefit, and ultimately blossom.


No comments:

Post a Comment