Sunday, July 20, 2014

I Got My Wish



i got my wish. i got everything i asked for.
-under the tuscan sun-

Day 3/31: sometimes life gets so busy and we get caught up in pursuit of the things we want that we don't even realize we already have them. i love this quote from "under the tuscan sun." everything francesca wished for came true, but she did not notice it herself because it did not look exactly how she expected it to. 

this happens to all of us. for me it can happen when unloading the dishes for the third time in a day...and then it hits me as i put away someone's little sippy cup. i got the daughter i always dreamed of.  or when i am driving home, exhausted, from a long day at my job...and it hits me that this is exactly what i worked so hard and for so long to be able to do. 

this quote reminds me to stop, and look at all that has unfolded around me in my life. it reminds me to consider that i, too, got everything i asked for. and for that i am grateful.

1 comment: